Due to the current situation, we are now offering our SIA Security Guard course in the comfort of your own home.
You will need to have access to either a laptop/computer/tablet/smartphone.
You will be able to interact with the other learners in your group as well as your tutor, as you would do so in a classroom.
Security Guard Training
In order to obtain an SIA licence, you will need to show that you are trained to the right level. This applies to front line staff only.
To get one of the qualifications linked to Security Guard licensing you will need to attend and take three training modules and pass three exams. The duration of the training should be 28 hours.
Common Security Industry Knowledge
- Session 1: Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Session 2: Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Session 3: Fire Safety Awareness
- Session 4: Emergency Procedures
- Session 5: The Private Security Industry
- Session 6: Communication Skills and Customer Care
Security Guarding Specialist Module
- Session 1: Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of Security Officers
- Session 2: Patrolling
- Session 3: Access and Egress Control
- Session 4: Searching
- Session 5: Technology and Systems in the Security Environment
- Session 6: The Security Officer and The Law
- Session 7: Communicating, Reporting and Record-Keeping
Conflict Management Module
- Session 1: Avoiding Conflict and Reducing Personal Risk
- Session 2: Defusing Conflict
- Session 3: Resolving and Learning from Conflict
- Session 4: Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management for Security Guarding and Close Protection