Due to the current situation, we are now offering our SIA Security Guard course in the comfort of your own home.
This virtual course will allow you to laptop/desktop or tablet plus a smartphone
You will be able to interact with the other learners in your group as well as your tutor, as you would do so in a classroom.
What is the Scottish Personal Licence training course about?
The Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (SCPLH) is a nationally recognised training qualification and candidates must have this before they can apply for their personal licence.
This is a Level 5 qualification that will help you advance in your career prospects inside the licensed trade division in Scotland.
Please Note - Scottish law dictates that personal licence holders must undertake refresher training within five years of getting their licence, or they will have their licence revoked.
What does the course include?
This one-day course will provide you with all the relevant training and accreditation required to legally sell and authorise the sale of alcohol at any licensed premises in Scotland for those looking to pursue a career in hospitality and the bar industry.
This one-day course will provide each learner with a clear understanding of the framework of law and regulation that underpins the responsibilities of the personal licence holder.
The Personal license SCPLH course runs over 1-day and is divided into the following units:
- Rationale for the development of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005
- Overview of the licensing function
- Key roles - the roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Boards and Licensing Standards Officers
- Licences and operating conditions
- Protection of children from harm
- Associated law
- The content and purpose of an operating schedule and risk assessment
- Roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- licensed hours
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Alcohol and Illegal drugs
- Drunkenness and disorderly behaviour
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Social responsibility
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body.
- Community links
This course also includes a multiple-choice question examination consisting of 40 questions.